We have limited funds to offer bursaries to postgraduate students, those working in the third sector, and those facing hardship. Eligible persons are able to apply for a bursary to contribute towards reasonable travel and/or accommodation costs associated with attending the conference, and are asked to only request assistance for the costs they are unable to cover so that we can support the maximum number of delegates – and to please note that an application is not a guarantee of funding.
- The scheme is open to;
- Postgraduate students who are registered for a postgraduate degree at a higher education institution, and who do not hold a full-time academic appointment, or other full time position.
- Representatives from a third sector organisation.
- Scholars facing serious financial hardship.
- An applicant must have had an abstract for a paper/poster accepted or been invited to participate in a roundtable discussion, special panel, live performance, or other similar session at the conference.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have no other sources of funding and have not received an SLSA bursary for the annual conferences in the last three years (Newcastle 2017, Bristol 2018 and Leeds 2019).
- Awards are limited to a maximum of £300 per person (towards reasonable travel and accommodation costs). All successful applicants must register.
The deadline to apply for a bursary is 6pm (GMT) on 4th February 2020. Applicants should submit the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Bursary Application’ only after they have received notification that their paper or poster has been accepted.